Wednesday, August 2, 2023

After a very long break....... sew to speak I'm back!

 Well I thought I would try to get back to my blog after a long break. As I have enjoyed sharing what I've been doing with you. 

Sew I will start from today. 

Its been hot and dry here. A good day to get some fmqing done. I've been working on a quilt for a friend. a whopper at 102 inches square, queen size. I started piecing it last Monday and today its ready to bind and have a label made.  This is a record for me...... at least I think sew. The pattern is called Dragonfly tiles. It went together fairly quick. We chose a swirl with a hook for the overall quilting at my sit down machine. It was all done free motion with a pale blue thread. 





This month I have also started sewing lessons with my little neighbor. Sew far sew good. She is enjoying what we are doing.  She has a vintage singer sewing machine to practice with. I thought it would be a good starter machine even though it only does a straight stitch. It has been fun to see the excitement in her progress and creating with her own hands.


Sew for today, that's my stitching news.
Take care 
In Stitches
Annette


No comments:

Post a Comment