Monday, October 21, 2024

October a time for stitching

                                                                 Happy Fall Everyone
outside at the fall/fowl supper

 Fall is in the air and crafts sales have started up. I have been to one sew far this fall. I am thinking about participating in one. 



Harvest has wrapped up for this year. I was lucky enough to get a combine ride and supper in the field. Something I miss from when we had a farm. A view from the combine.



We attended a fall supper just yesterday ...... turkey always tastes great.

I have gotten the binding on my Autumn Wonders Quilt designed by Pat Sloan. I have a few quilts (6) all pinned basted and ready to quilt. I hope to have them done before the quilts arrive from Victoria Quilts, I offered to quilt up more of them. I enjoy doing this as I feel it is a worthy cause.

I have been busy knitting mitts and slippers for our daughter to give to kids at school who are in need of them.

I have come up with a pressing idea. I took a large wooden dowel and covered it with a couple layers of  batting  stitched it in place and then covered it with some wool and stitched that in place as well. I tied the ends and now have a pressing tool to help press seams open.

I was lucky this summer to find 2 quilt tops for sale at a garage sale. I bought them and thought they would make lovely raffle quilt to donate in out community. One is done and ready to go the other only needs a label.

I have finished the quilt that my friend had started while in the nursing home but sadly passed before she could complete it. I am sure her family will feel her hugs in it. (photos for these 3 still to come)

Off to do a little more sewing.

In Stitches

Annette

still learning new ways of getting my photos on the blog. It's crazy sometimes, as it take a while ( few hours for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment