Saturday, May 13, 2017

Lots of little stitches

Over the last 2weeks I have been working away at my crazy Quilt Block. I am now on task 8, following along at my own pace and seeing who ever one else is doing. We have a couple of super stitchers, with at least one finish the last time I checked the blog.
Here is where I'm at with my block,
It's great to work at your own pace , no race just get done what you can and enjoy each others progress along the way.
Next is ribbon work. I am looking forward to this as I have not done any ribbon embroidery for a number of years. I made this little guy about 15yrs ago.


I did share a couple organising tips
Using a 3 x 6 piece of recycled cardboard with holes punched make a way to keep your floss tidy.



Some of the pearl cotton was size 5 and in a hank and taking a working length off just seemed to make a tangled mess. Sew I opened it up , placed the loop over the back of a chair and then wrapped it onto an empty spool ( you never know when you are going to use that stuff you have saved to recycle)


Well that's all for now....... Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there.
In stitches
Annette

2 comments:

  1. Your block is lovely Annette as is the teddy. Great idea for the threads.

    ReplyDelete