Wednesday, September 7, 2016

the last few stitches of the summer

Well summer sure has sped by once again this year. I have kept busy with some fishing at the lake and a little sewing.
 I also have gotten a good start on some mittens for our daughters class.
for warm and cozy little hands this winter

We picked some apples at a friends farm and DH and I made up some apple pies 10 in all sew that should last into the winter.
fresh pies and buns

 With the summer winding up the garden has been producing a good sum of tomatoes .... canned , stewed and salsa and more to come.

cottages by the water

I was apart of a post card swap and feel bad about not getting this lovely little card posted.
I swapped with Pauline from England, the theme was what you love about summer.
Thanks to Shelia from Sheila's Quilt World for hosting the swap. It takes a fair bit of time to get it all organized and we all appreciate all she does.
sunflowers and dragonflys
some of the things I love about summer
 I have been very slowly working on the Splendid Sampler blocks... here is the last on I worked on.

The skies are turning grey at the moment with a little rain coming, not what the farmers are wanting but that's what happens in the fall...... oh there I  said it that 4 letter "f" word that I have been trying to avoid at least until the 21st of September.

Have a great day out there and stay in  touch and  have some fun stitching something....
in stitches
Annette

2 comments:

  1. Oh those mittens will be so appreciated this winter by the little hands that wear them . I love both postcards, thanks to you both for participating, great job girls ! Cute little cone flower for the SS too 😊

    ReplyDelete