Friday, August 11, 2023

Still scrap busting

 Scrap busting with Traffic Jam by Pat Sloan. This is a free pattern offered by Pat on her site. I have been following Pat for a few years now and joining in on a number of her quilt alongs. There are a few going on at any time.

  With trying to use my scraps I decided to do another Traffic Jam quilt. It helped that i   had some of the parts cut and a little bin of 2.5 inch squares.   I also want to do another Inner Piece with green corners.

I stared sewing this one at the lake , just sewing pairs of squares. Then pressed and counted them. Had more than enough ....lol.  Now the blocks are done shashing done and now working on the outside pieced border. The border will have 100 - 3 piece 2.5 inch squares strip units. Sew 300 more little guys ill get used up and still not make a very big dent in my scrap supply. The quilt will measure 56 inch square when done.


                                                          Building the quilt center
                                                           Building the pieced border

I did manage to finish the last quilt from the other day. Its bound and ready for a label.

Sure feels good to get some of my quilts finished and to be blogging again.

In Stitches 

Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment