Friday, May 31, 2013

EQ 7 Summer Draw Along



Well today is the day for the posts and link up for the Summer Draw along.EQ 7 Summer Draw Along
I  have the first block done and made up.

I have worked on the 3 variations and will work them up soon. I missed the post at mid month that had the variations .... something to note for next month. It has been great practice in using EQ7.
I do have a tip for piecing the little outside half square units.
I cut mine at 2 1/2" instead of 2 3/8" and then trimmed them down to 2"units. There was not much trimmed off , and they were nice and square.

Having fun making the button for the side bar...... not. I'll keep working on it and maybe I will remember what I did the last time.

Bags are packed and still on the fence about the stitches conference this year...... just waiting for a phone call to see what I am to do.
 
Pop over to the EQ7 blog to see the other blocks created this month.
in stitches
Annette

2 comments:

  1. Love your block! Your fabrics look so great together. I did the exact same thing with the half square triangles. They come out so much better if you can cut them down to size. So much easier for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have done your block as well - I didn't cut down my squares but I usually do this as well as I like the accuracy it gives.

    ReplyDelete