Thursday, October 20, 2016

I found an OSCAR!

An Oscar de la Renta that is.


I was at a local rummage sale and looking for some wool to shrink and found 4 wool jackets
top jacket is Oscar
Green jacket looks felted already :0)

 and when i looked closer I found that one was a well known designer. It will be a shame to take it apart and shrink but I am looking forward to studying the workmanship that went into making the jacket. One of the other jackets has pick stitch details which was fun to find as I like doing this on some of the formal dresses I make for the zipper.
I am now hopeful to get my first wool project done. Sheila from Sheila's Quilt World gave me a lovely little pattern and some wool to get me started in the world of wool work. It is just waiting for me to shrink up one of these jackets and then I can hang it on my wall. Thanks Sheila for putting  me on such a fun journey in wool.
wall hanging in waiting and
 cute little pouch from my good friend Sheila

yours in stitches
Annette

2 comments:

  1. Your wall hanging is so prettu! Well done on the Oscar. My husband bought a Thomas Pink shirt in a charity shop a few years back having no idea what he had bought! Happy stitching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holly hocks are looking great ! Those jackets will be a fun little bit of wool to work with , have fun 😊

    ReplyDelete