Saturday, November 10, 2018

Snow Much Fun ... almost done

Well we sure have winter here in the prairies. The snow started Monday and we have had a bit every day I think since. I participated in a Block of the Month with Quilt Doodles Doodles call Snow Much Fun perfect for the snow that's out there now.
It's a cute quilt made with snowmen in different scenes and a little piecing. Mine is ready to sandwich and quilt. Love how it has turned out. After the quilting there will be some buttons added of stars and snowflakes.


My goal this year was to make a few quilts using my stash of fabrics on hand be they yardage or left over from another quilting project. Sew far I have made at least 4 and a couple runners. I have only bought backings or a bit for backgrounds. I did buy a couple little bundles for strips in varying widths for $2 each ... sew for $6 I was able to make this one.

Look up  Quilt Doodles Doodles sew that you can  follow along next year with her Block of the Month if you sew desire.
In stitches
Annette

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Annette and fantastic that you got to use fabrics from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowman quilt Annette, great to use up scraps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not sure why the comments don't go to my email sew that I can reply there hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt turned out beautifully, thank you for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much like your Snow Much Fun, and the strips for the other one made a very inexpensive top!

    ReplyDelete