Monday, May 4, 2020

Weekend stitching

This weekend I was stitching up a few more masks to have on hand. I have been making 2 styles. Pleated and fitted, in sizes 2 to 5 yrs, 6 to 10 yrs and adult and large adult.  I have been giving them to people in our community.Finding new ways for the elastic as it is hard to find. I have also used bias binding, and cutting fabric strips as well as trying t shirt knit fabric and making crochet chains for ties. This has been a nice way to give back and work down some of my leftover fabrics.

Stash of masks

And just to keep my hands busy and work up some yarn I have started a knitting a sweater using a raglan sleeve sweater wheel that I bought about 40yrs ago...... sounds like I'm getting old....lol.  It's been a great source as it gives you choices of yarn from baby, sport to worsted. And the size range  from 6 months to man's 48 chest. Styles from round neck , v neck and cardigan.
This is the back children size 8.
Sweater back 

I have a couple quilts at the machine for free motion quilting , just have to decide how or what design I want to stitch next.

And as I have said to my boys..... May the 4th be with you!
Stay safe in stitches
Hugs
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment