Monday, September 25, 2023

Sewing a garden

 This year I tried to grow some pumpkins in a large bucket.  We there is one the size of a Mellon. I'm lucky to have some friends that have a few extra as well as our daughter and her hubby.  Sew in the meantime I decided to sew up a few pumpkin mug mats.


I started with a few and then had a bountiful harvest .


While at our daughter and son in law's I came across a recipe for a zucchini fruit cake. It turned out great. Now to let it mature for a month or sew. 

I have also tested out a pattern for funky friends... a teddy bear that can be made with  clothing to make it a memory teddy. I used some leftover flannel to try it out. It is stuffed with scrap batting that has been cut up very small. It sure is amazing how much stuffing can go inside on little bear.

Happy stitching and enjoy that last days of September.

In stitches

Annette

2 comments:

  1. Great pumpkins Annette. The bear is gorgeous. People here are always trying out different zucchini recipes, the grow well here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkins , what a fun little project . The teddy is adorable and wpuld make a perfect memory bear .

    ReplyDelete