Sunday, March 3, 2024

Well let's get back to the business of stitching

 Well I was gone for a little while on a holiday. But now I back home and getting ready to sew.

This afternoon I pin basted 2 quilts , Autumn Wonders and a large disappearing 9 patch. Autumn Wonders is a quilt from Pat Sloan and her Block Wednesday's. I did it up in a different for me color scheme. I am happy with how it worked out. Even if it is sew different from what I usually use. The second quilt is from fabric gifted to me, sew to pay it forward this quilt will go the our local EMTs for the new building with sleeping quarters, to keep them cozy. A good friend of mine is also making a quilt for the second bedroom.





I have stared another 2 of Pat's quilt alongs. The Breakfast club and Wednesday's What's in your closet quilt. 



I'm also trying out a slow stitching stitch along from k3wn clothtails.Just to slow down and enjoy the process and I'm learning new stuff as I go.


The first 4 weeks of slow stitching.


I did get 6 quilts quilted for Victoria Quilts Canada. Something I enjoy doing.

Today is day 2 of a winter storm, over a foot of snow on the back patio. Great to get the moisture,and We know it will not last long. Spring is around the corner.

I have participated in a couple fabric post card swaps this year as well as monthly challengs. It's a fun way to get creative and play with fabrics on a small scale.

January's challenge
Tea anyway you like it. 
Tea dyed and tea bags used here.

Well this a bit of a catch up. More to come . 

Now to get back to my sewing space and get some quilting done.f

In stitches

Annette

2 comments:

  1. Your quilts are beautiful, I'm sure the EMT's will be thrilled with their cosy quilt. Love your slow stitching projects . Ive been enjoying some myself this weekend . Your tea challenge is interesting and looks great . Always nice to see what you are working on . 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts, the EMT"s will be very happy with them. Great slow stitching projects and I love your postcard.

    ReplyDelete