Thursday, August 8, 2024

Still stitching

 Yes, I'm still stitching on the card trick quilt  for Betty.  Just finishing off the bindings and then make the label and then it will be complete. it'll be nice to get it to her family.



Here is the other zippered pouch that I made up. It was fun putting it together from my leftover fabrics on hand. And a fun lace trim I picked up at a garage sale. I have been making English paper pieced hexies off and on,putting them into an old glass cookie jar. Sew it is fun to find ways to play with them.



I also made a post card for this months challenge of weaving. I made curvy strips and wove them together. Then I did some machine embroidery to accent the weaving. I then drew out a leaf on tracing paper and then made a little sandwich of fabric and batting. I free motioned stitched it and then colored it with Inktense pencils and the trimmed it. I added it to the postcard by stitching down the center vein of the leaf.  I enjoy these challenges as they get you thinking about different ways to create.

Take care out there.

Iced Chi ...yum


In Stitches

Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment