Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Working away

 Well I had a oops, I washed my jelly roll rug in the washing machine on the regular cycle. I usually wash it in the tub by hand with a scrub brush.  The scrubbing must have weaken the thread and when I took it out of the machine it looked more like spaghetti.  I sorted it out and laid it out to dry.  Then I had to decide how to tackle the repair. I started from the outside few rounds then some inner rounds. Going in this fashion I was able to make it whole again. Happy to say the rug is back in use.



I have been playing with the Inktense pencils and made the sunflowers leaves for this little zippered bag. It was the second one I made at this time . The other one was pieced and hand embroidered. I submitted it into a challenge hosted by Quilting Arts. Sew I will wait to share that one with you. 


I did get busy with my friends quilt. Backing done, quilting done. Binding in progress. I'm sew happy to help the family get this completed. You hear of sew many quilts and quilt tops that get abandoned just because the family does not know what to do with them.


My little garden is growing nicely. Fresh veggies are always great. I have made some jams, pickles and relish already. Looking forward to making more.

Have a great day.

In Stitches

Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment