Sunday, May 22, 2011

enjoying the weekend

It's been a great weekend sew far.
 Just working around the yard. Cutting the grass getting the garden planted ( sewing seeds) as well as most of the planters. Starting to look like spring with summer right around the corner.
It has been nice and warm, mid 20's with  sunshine ,  no rain so far.  Not what most places can say , but we could use a nice light rain.
Next week end I will be off to stitches conference for a week. I am looking forward to it. A time with friends new and old, and sew many teachers sharing their ideas and talents with us.
I have worked with one of the rulers by V. Walton and have to work with the other sew that I can have a few more questions to  understand the rulers better. I like how the curve ruler works I worked up the pattern that came with the ruler and was featured in a magazine.I even worked up the  left overs into a table top quilt, sew there was almost nothing left when I was done(pics will come when I get the camera loaded to the laptop)
I also have sent s few of my patterns to Wendy at Haus of Stitches for give aways at the conference as well as possible sales in the store with the opportunity to teach there in the fall.
Sew this summer I hope to create a few more patterns using my laptop. That is when ever I can find a little down time.
Well I want to go downstairs and to try out the other ruler , it is the angle ruler by V Walton.
Stay in stitches
Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment