Monday, September 19, 2011

off to a good start

well this week is definitely off to a good start
Shadow Box ,a king size quilt, is basted and ready for me to quilt
it took 2 hours to get that done, after I had gotten the backing and batting ready and waiting last night( I have started the feathers)
the outdoor kitchen / bar

the BBQ cover set is now complete that took about 6+ hours to do with a few fittings , but now that it is done I feel good about how it turned out. ( done deal )
I did get another apron done Friday night to use a part of a 60 Th birthday gift with some chokecherry jelly and grape jam. The birthday boy was not sure if he will use it as an  apron or a bib when eating ribs etc.

Sew now this afternoon I will get started on the quilting on the shadow box quilt with a stop over at a friends home whom is having a little trouble with her machine...... I hope I can help. (She is back working on her quilt. We had a nice visit and a cup of tea after we figured it out.)

Just might have that quilt done in time , I will have three weeks to work on it and I will have company for at least one of those weeks. I am picking up my mom for a week stay this Thursday.

I do also have a couple ideas that I would like to sew up for a couple birthday gifts that will be here with in the next week or two.
fresh peaches ...yummy

I did a little experiment yesterday. I made a peach cobbler using rice/coconut and a gluten free flour  blend . I found I needed a little more milk in the dough and could have made a little more sauce in the peaches. but all in all I thought it was pretty good.
peach cobbler  mmm....mmm... good

Sew that's it for the moment
stay in stitches
hugs Annette

2 comments:

  1. totally unrelated to the pach cobbler LOL but i have been saving some clothes that have sentimental value to me and was woundering if you know or a really cool and extremely easy quilt pattern i could use to make this memorial quilt! Thanks "Squirt"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been super busy , can't even imagine making a BQ cover , but good for you getting that completed and also the quilt , can't wait to see it quilted. Your apron is really nice , hope the receiver uses it often.

    ReplyDelete