Wednesday, November 2, 2011

fall ... hope you linger

It seams like fall has only just begun and it is November already. We have been lucky here no snow signs of winter yet . there has been what I have been calling figments of our imagination floating in the air but that has been it. I'm still riding my bike to work ....wonder how long this will last..a couple weeks or a month I hope.

The kids had a great night for trick and treating . I heard of a little gal that I know who was sick on Halloween sew I made up a couple bags of my leftover goodies and made little totes for them to go into. One for the little gal and one for her little sister. This makes less goodies for me to snack on as well.... sew I was being good to all of us by doing this little deed.

I have made up another little produce bag but I am using it for wool and a crochet hook to leave with my friend  to give her a little project to work on ... we talked about a scarf for the mitten tree that her church puts up before Christmas and then donates to those in need. This idea put a smile on her face sew now I have to get it over to her sew that she can get a start on it even if it is only a stitch here and there. It will give her something to focus on.

I have been quilting a couple runners, one for a class and one for a  pattern that I want to write up.
no pictures just yet maybe in a day or two when they are done they need binding.
I have been getting ready for a class / demo I will be doing at Haus of Stitches a little later this month ( getting a few things together ). I also will be putting a small quilt together for the Jan. class I will be teaching at the community college here in town.

That's all for now but remember ....
It is W I P Wednesday sew be such to check out the link on my side bar for .

stay in stitches with hugs
Annette

2 comments:

  1. We have finally got some real summer weather. I can't wait to do some swimming. You have lots of things on the go. I look forward to seeing the runners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously have a heart of gold , such kind and thoughtful gestures to first give treats to the child and sibling who were sick and then to make up a little project bag for your friend ,that is so special and I am sure will be so much appreciated . You have lots of things in the works and I hope the snow stays away so you can bike a little longer .hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete