Monday, July 9, 2012

the waiting has begun


My McCall's Quilt Design Star banner
hanging in my front yard

I will have to wait until the end of the business day tomorrow to find out who all goes on with the McCall's Quilting Quilt Design Star 2012. As well as finding out what the next challenge will be.
Thank you to all who have taken the time to cast votes for my quilt.
It is with folks like you out there that make me think that I can do this or at least give it a good try.

This is what I have been up to while I wait for the results.
boxes of scraps waiting to become something

Hitting my scraps and making crazy blocks and filling the basket with stuffing for the puppies bed I make with them. Not much goes to waste here.
11 x 12 in blocks....
just a start I know that there are a
 lot more in those boxes
the scraps from the scraps = doggie bed stuffing
We had a great time at the camper this weekend a little fishing a little tubing and a boat ride up the lake to visit hubbies sister . A day and a half sure fly by fast.
I did get my first fish of the season last weekend I forgot to post it ( not the most attractive pic but here it is anyway) a good old Jack fish  (Northern Pike)
Off to get the laundry on the line to dry.
sew have a great day
in stitches
Annette

4 comments:

  1. I know you must be anxious to find out the results but I will be surprised if you are not in the next round , your quilt is stunning!Love your crazy patch blocks and I just finished a dog bed with my scrap bag ;-) Wow that is one large fish , congrats on that one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted....got all my fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such anticipation waiting... good luck.... I love the scrap crazy patch blocks... good sized fish... do you eat them?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just checked the McCalls page....and you are on to the next stage!! The Canadian representative! way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete