Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quilt labels

 I just wanted to put in a word about labels on our quilts.

 Labels in my opinion are very important as they can give the holder of your quilt a little history behind it.  They can tell who it was made for, why it was made or just who made it. Sometimes they will even have the design and designer info as well.
I have done many different types of labels from just a simple penned on fabric to embroidered as well as computer generated. I have also used the labels that you can buy by the yard at your favorite quilt shop.

I have been working on a  few labels for some of my quilts. One is for Morgan's grad and the others just need to have their info with them so that I do not forget when they were made. A couple of them will be at a local show at the art gallery here in town, sew it also helps them tom make it back home as well. ( the ones I am working on are embroidered with my Brother machine )
Sew it has always been a good idea to do this to give a little history as well as showing others that you are proud of the work that you have created.

If you look around the web you will find labels that can be printed off onto treated fabric.  Make sure that you have the right fabrics treatment for you printer or the printing will just wash off. You may even find ideas on scrap booking pages / sites to suit your quilt to a tee.

Sew I am off to work ( lunch break )
take care
stay in stitches
Annette

1 comment:

  1. I am beginning to be a bit more diligent about the labels on my quilts.... thanks for the different ideas...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete