Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stitcher's Confrence

Hello out there.
I am at the campsite just having finished my third class. Last Sat. and Sun. I had classes with Virginia Walton using her rulers. The first class was a curved ruler class called Serpentine twist ( finished now , this will be the center of a bed quilt for our bed ) the second one was called Wedge frenzy that is also finished but I want to make it three time more to make a larger quilt. Today's class was on different types of binding ...sewn mitered corners plain, pipping and scallops,   reversible with grouting etc. made a number of samples This class was with Liz Thompson the rep for Elna.
Some of the other things that we took in this week included a presentation with Jodi Barrows last night and machine demos I. have a few pictures of some the the teachers and teachers here as students to share

Brenda getting a little help
Jodi Barrows working at her first knitting project... feeling a little out of her element, but more that willing to give it a try. She even signed up for a knitted sock class. I have to up load a few pics from last night where she definitely is in her element
Add caption

First class with Virginia
Here Marci Baker and Virgina Walton stopped of a pic while having a chat and comparing each others rulers and techniques .  Seeing that each work well and in different ways. 
     
The view from the top floor at the Abbey from the glass elevator

The first Sat. their was a banquet with the Breast of friends and all the cook books that they have raised over 2 million dollars for breast/ and other cancer. 
Well I could go on for a bit yet but I should go and get a bite to eat and who know maybe a little quilting or just a campfire.
Sew keep on a stitching I know I will
Annette

1 comment:

  1. Annette , it sounds like it was a fun time , sure wish I could have been there . I have a son who lives in Sask.

    ReplyDelete