Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a few more stitches

well I am up to 5 blocks done using the Square in a Square method and pattern book
block 4

block 5


you can adapt most of the traditional block to  use the square in a square method
where you never cut or sew a triangle, just squares and rectangles.

 I also managed to get a couple more post cards made and off in the mail.
tag you're it post card

Today I received this one from Monika of My Sweet Prairie.

Yesterday I picked up a couple more color sets for a 3-d quilt that I will be working on at the Stitches Conference in Munster .The class will be taught by Marci Baker.

I have them cut and ready to sew the strip sets together. I am using colors that my son would like as they are colors from some of the sports teams he cheers for.I am making him a quilt for his 30 th birthday as I had done for his sister last year.
We are on the last week of voting for the McCalls' Quilt Design Star contest  ...... round one. Next week I will find out if I gone on or not. I will also find out how much I can share with all of you out there as well. Sew if you are inclined there is a link to the voting on the top of this page.  As I said before there are a lot of great quilt designs out there, check them out and then cast your vote.
in stitches
Annette

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks Annette and your postcards are great . Did you sign up for the yahoo group?

    ReplyDelete